Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My HG Nail Polish Base Coat!

Hey all!
Well since this is really my "official" first post I though I would start with base coats! Now I have very soft and thin nails and to add insult to injury they peel horribly so every time I would do my nails the polish would start chipping within a day or two. Sometimes I would do my mani in the evening and by the time I got out of bed the next morning I would have 2 or 3 chips, it was that bad! I have tried so many base coats out there and nail hardeners and nothing ever worked for me. That is until I discovered this little gem, Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat.

This stuff is WONDERFUL. It is truly amazing, I can't stress that enough. I bought mine at CVS for $7.99 which for me is a bit pricey (note that I don't spend more than $4 on nail polish unless absolutely necessary) but totally worth every penny and more. This is .6 fl oz of pure gold.

The description at the back of the package says that with this base coat your nails will last up to 2 weeks. I haven't had mine last quite that long but I'm sure that if I used a good top coat like Seche Vite (which I have been wanting to purchase for myself but for some reason keep putting off), and took better care of my mani I'm sure my nails would be chip-free for more than a week. With just one coat of this my nail polish lasts almost a week before I see the first chip and even tho is nothing I can't fix I just don't because I actually grow tired of seeing the same color on my nails for so long.

Now, I did my research of a few base coats before heading out to various drugstores and I did read that Bonder sometimes stains nails since it is an orangy color and also that some people have trouble having it grab on to the nail bed and therefore it just peels off the nail. I myself have not experienced any of this but I do apply it over two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and it seems to work just fine.

While I settled for this particular base coat I did also consider China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat and I'd like to try that one out, maybe after I run out of the Bonder. I would love to hear your opinions on what is the best base coat for you and how do you make your mani last. Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment