Monday, September 17, 2012

Is healthy enough for UNREAL candy bars?

As part of being a BzzAgent I got to review a few of the UNREAL candy bars. Now, I have to start this review by saying that I love, love, love everything that has chocolate so you can imagine how exited I was to be included in this campaign. I waited patiently for my coupons to arrive and once they did I went to CVS right away and bought me a handful of candy.
Good thing was that CVS was having a buy one get one or more 19 cents less sale on UNREAL candy bars and I got a very good deal with my coupons. These candy bars are "unjunked", basically no corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oil, no artificial ingredients, no GMO's or preservatives; in general a very healthy candy bar and they are about 200 calories. Seeing how good this candy bar was I was so ready to like it but it was a big let down. For one, it wasn't sweet enough for my taste and the chocolate didn't really taste that good. The peanut butter cups were the best in my opinion and the worst were the Snickers like bars. All in all I think they are a great choice for those who want to be healthy and still enjoy a candy bar now and then but it's just not for me, if I'm going to eat 200 calories worth of chocolate and peanuts at least I want it to taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment